Message from the Chair
I am honored and privileged to have been elected co-chair for the Commission for Blacks. I intend to work hard to ensure that the Commission remains dynamic and forward looking. I intend to live up to the challenge of remaining informed and taking action on concerns specific to the African American community at UT and encouraging African American faculty, staff and student involvement in all aspects of campus life. I will discharge of our duties to the best of our abilities and look forward to working with you this year.
Robert Nobles II
Robert Nobles II
Lili’a Uili Neville
- Charmayne Adams
- Derek H. Alderman
- Maicaiela Ash
- Susan Benner (Vice-Chair)
- Jillian Blueford
- Angel Brutus
- Charles Clark
- Bruce Cole
- Chonika Coleman-King
- Alecia Davis
- Brook Dennard
- Dawn Duke
- Ashley Evans
- Elexus Franklin
- Shirley Frazier
- Sekeenia Haynes
- Alexis Hickerson
- Naomia Holloway
- Zachary Jenkins
- Joann Jeter
- Quentin Johnson
- Marcia Johnson Lane
- Diane Kelly
- Yolanda Kirkpatrick
- Jioni Lewis
- Tenea Lowery
- Mary Lucal
- Thura Mack
- Cal MacLean
- Tenisha Marchbanks
- Rayricus Matthews
- Sherry McBee
- Dorian McCoy (Vice-Chair)
- Ashley Moyer
- Ronald Bernard McFadden
- NaQuaina Moore
- Robert Nobles II (Chair)
- Brennen Salmon
- Izetta Slade
- Soren P Sorensen
- Marshall Steward
- Regina Tisdale
- Celeste Waugh
- James Williams
- Mary Lucal, Representing Vice Chancellor for Human Resources ♦
- Beauvais Lyons, President of Faculty Senate ♦
- Alecia Davis, Chair of Black Faculty and Staff Association ♦
- Tenea Lowery, Co-Chair of Black Faculty and Staff Association ♦
- Phyllis Moore, Representing President of Black Alumni Council ♦
- Angela Batey, Chair of the Council for Diversity and Interculturalism ♦
- Hillary Fouts, Co-Chair of the Commission for Women ♦
- Lisa Yamagata-Lynch, Co-Chair of the Commission for Women ♦
- Jennifer Jabson, Co-Chair of the Commission for LGBT People ♦
- Danielle Burton, Co-Chair of the Commission for LGBT People ♦
- TBA, Representative of Graduate Student Senate ♦
Note: ♦ denotes Voting Ex-officio members
As a member of the commission, you are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- Serve on one committee OR serve as Chair/Co-Chair of a committee.
- Provide input to the committee.
- Assist with the work on the agenda set forth by committee and/or commission.
- Attend monthly commission meetings.
- Serve as a community liaison for the campus and Knoxville area African American community.
- Bring pertinent issues forth to the Commission.
- Assist with events as necessary (greeting, handing out lunches, set up/take down, etc.)
Committee Chair or Co-Chair
The Commission has four committees: Faculty/Staff/Student Concerns, Bylaws, Awards, and Publicity & Community Outreach. As the chair or co-chair of one of these committees, you are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities.
- Set a goal for the year.
- Communicate with and/or hold meetings with committee to achieve goal set forth.
- Provide updates on committee work to full commission at meetings.
- Provide year-end report on goal.